Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh, Valenciiiiiaaaaa....

I thought a lot about that Decemberists' song while strolling down Valencia Street with Patricia. I was on the hunt for The Curiosity Shoppe, a cool store I'd read about on Design*Sponge. The owners contribute regularly to Design*Sponge's DIY page. After reading their blog I've become a huge fan. Since Justine's place is nearby, I had a chance to see the store in the flesh.

The shop is small, but full of fun and funky treasures, like a small taco-shaped bag (painted and designed like a taco with shredded lettuce and meat), a bird and cage stamp set, colorfully painted vintage telephones and plates decorated with hotplate coils. I loved seeing the shop and chatting with Derek, whose other half, Lauren, is also the other half of the Shoppe team.

There are a ton of great-looking shops and eateries on Valencia, and I regret that we couldn't see more of them. Every time I come to the City there are new places to see and experience-I'm glad to have had the chance to catch some of it while I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment