Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'll Be There pt. II

This is Katie with her son, Lennon. This photo really captured the feeling of the day for me-lovely light, a comfortable space, lots of growing plants and happy kids. I love watching Katie with her children. She is patient, easing them through the transitions of their day with kindness. I am a very different type of person-and mother. The transitions in my house are usually very loud, with shouted warnings, threats and deep exhalations. Being around them made me feel inspired to fill my time instead of race to catch up with it.

Katie and I talked at length about where we are right now and in which directions we'd like to move. It felt so good to share the apprehensions a parent can feel about their lives and how that may or may not effect their children. And even better to talk with someone I trust and care for deeply.

Thanks for the wonderful day, Katie...you and your beautiful family are never far from my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment