Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chinatown



This morning Justine, Patricia and I went to Chinatown for dim sum and foot massages. We hit City View right before they opened and sat eating well into the lunch hour. They have a wide variety of choices, all tasty. Afterward we walked up the street to this foot massage place Justine wanted to take us to.

After deciding on the hour-long session, we sat in recliners where the masseuses (masseurs? massagers?) brought plastic tubs filled with hot water and herbs to soak our feet. I did think it was funny that they lined the tubs with plastic bags, so instead of feeling the bumps at the bottom of the tubs for an additional massage effect, all I did was move the plastic bag around.

We soaked, then a masseuse started in on our feet. At times the pressure was uncomfortable, but eventually relaxing. I had the only male masseuse (the large room had about seven chairs, six of which were full), who was a bit goofy, but cute and smiled a lot. I tried to breathe deeply and relax as much as possible. I loved the cacophony of sounds that bounced around the room as the masseuses worked - slap! slap! slap! slap!

As we walked out, the soles of my feet continued to tingle!

No comments:

Post a Comment