Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Technology

I wouldn't ordinarily say that I'm technologically savvy. In college I used to hand write all my papers before typing them into my typewriter, just to be sure I had it just right before committing it to ribbon. But compared to some colleagues and friends, I guess I have a comprehensive understanding of how technology works. At the very least, I'm comfortable enough using programs and applications to make the few gadgets I've got function.

I recently purchased a Wacom Bamboo Tablet. I wish I was an arty type who needed the freedom to manipulate pixels with a flush of the pen, but it was really more to help my carpal tunnel. I am a supreme mouse user, so I was in a lot of wrist pain before I broke down and looked at alternatives. Trackballs are okay, but after comparing a Logitech Trackball to the Tablet, I went with the latter.

It's taking some time, but I'm finally getting used to it. There's an elongated click button on the stylus, which has been the trickiest part for me. You can differentiate single and double clicks by where you click on the button. Luckily for me, you can also double tap with the stylus, so after I'm frustrated with my lack of stylus-clicking, I just tap-tap, and I'm there.

What's super cool is that the tablet came with some software! I haven't played around with it too much, but I feel totally cool 'signing' my name using the stylus. Leave it to me to love new technology that allows me to hand write!



No comments:

Post a Comment