Monday, August 31, 2009

Yeah WAAYYY! Wayzgoose!


We hit the Wayzgoose festival at the School of Visual Concepts last Saturday. A 'wayzgoose' is a German festival held by printmakers for their apprentices. It was the perfect event to take my family to since my letterpress class finished-I wanted to show them more about this art form I've been obsessed with.

We got to tour the press studio at SVC, where anyone willing could make a print on one of their Vandercook presses. It was so great to watch Em cranking out a print!

Another highlight was the steamroller press, where local artists and design firms made linocuts, inked them up and "pressed" them under a steamroller. We bid on a couple of the posters, but unfortunately didn't win.

The girls seemed excited by the party atmosphere (people, music, Dante Dogs for sale) and I was just happy to have another chance to get letters, words and type under my skin. Doug was quiet, but effusive later in the day about how much he enjoyed the entire festival.

I feel all tangled up these days, as if there were a flurry of words, images, colors, all brambled inside of me and I need to get them out. I just need to find the end of the length of twine and give it a great, sharp, TUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment