Monday, August 10, 2009

It's a Beet

Yeah, I know it looks like a radish, but it's actually a beet. I have a poem called, "Beetmilk," that I wanted to print with the stamp. I have a thing about beets. They're red. They're delicious. I can boil the heck out of them and that's all I have to do to cook them. I just love beets.

Additional note: My good friend Suesan accidentally broke the beet. I was showing it to her, along with the prints that I'd made, and while she mimicked how I inked it up and stamped it, the center ripped apart. She was so upset I didn't have the heart to be mad. At least now I can ink up the beet and the greens separately without worrying about the color running. And now I know something about the structural integrity of those EZ cut blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment