Thursday, August 27, 2009

808 in the 206


I really like the Blue Scholars, a favorite Seattle hip-hop/rap group. Their new CD, "Oof!" dropped last Tuesday, and there were a flurry of smallish gigs around town to celebrate. Since I was already out at my last letterpress class Tuesday night, I stopped by 'Ohana, where the Scholars were having their CD release party. That's DJ Sabzi at the event. (Sorry, Geologic lovers-my pics were all obscured by the guy in front of me with a bright red knit cap)

Although I was tired, I figured if I could find parking and get in before 11, I'd do it. These events are the kinds of things I talk a lot about, yearn to attend, then wimp out at the last minute due to laziness or lack of courage because I'd have to get child care or go alone. But the parking turned out to be a cinch and the wait was about 15 minutes, so there I was, hanging out with people about 10 years younger than me, squashed in the doorway of the restaurant.

It felt good to do something different-and not just 'different' because I didn't have kids with me. It felt good to have a change of scenery, listen to some good music, and feel out some new boundaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment