Friday, July 30, 2010

Red Shirting

Tomorrow is the Torchlight Race, my first entry into a race I plan to run. Road Runner Sports had bibs, timing chips and race shirts available today, so I went down there to ensure I had everything before the butterflies took over tomorrow.

When the woman handed me my race shirt I almost began jumping up and down. Quite tactfully, she pointed to my info packet where it said, "38/F" and asked, "Is this information correct?" I must have wrinkled my brow at her because she went on softly, "I don't want to yell out, 'ARE YOU 38?'"
"Oh, yes, that's correct," I answered.
She pointed to her gray hair, "Because when you're 50, then we'll talk."
I found that inspiring and said, "Well, I hope I'm still doing this at 50!"

I worked out a bit harder over the weekend, but took it easy this week to give my body a rest for the race. Since I was nursing a hamstring strain, I didn't want to go crazy beforehand.
Next on my training regimen: Chocolate chip pancake carbo load tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment