Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Dave Sighting

The world really must be getting smaller because I saw Dave Matthews again.

Seattle isn't a huge city, but it's not Mayberry, either. I've lived here 14 years and I've seen my share of Seattle royalty (Howard Schultz at the now closed Oceanaire, Bill Gates at the Bellevue Galleria movie theater, Jay Buhner at a Sammamish Plateau eatery). Running into Dave Matthews at the CityArts Festival was coincidental, but not too unrealistic. But running into Dave Matthews at my kid's gymnastics class was totally surreal.

I didn't even try to talk to him this time. I felt so dorky chatting him up last time. Most of the parents were visiting with one another or turning to look at little Johnny as he called out, "I'm on the rings, Mom! Look!" I try to keep an eye on Phoebe since this is her first session where I'm not on the mats with her. So folks were pretty cool, not gawking or anything. He's just a normal guy, holding his coffee, waiting for his kid to finish gymnastics class.

That's twice so far. I'll keep you posted if he shows up again next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment